Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Finding My Footing

We left our oldest son at our house for a few hours last night in pursuit of our youngest son at our Heavenly Father's house. The doctrine of Forever Families is beautiful, and it is real.

(Shiloh's burial outfit, sewn by his Great Aunt Gaylene Teshima)


Blaine and I watched a beautiful family bless their newest addition on Father's Day. . .I saw a father bursting with pride pick up his child dressed in white and give her a name and a blessing. And I felt robbed. Tears rolled down my husband's face and my own. An hour later I sat watching the grandmother of this baby hold her with such tender care. A grandmother who in her own life had lost as we had. . .twice.
I stopped feeling robbed--and started feeling blessed. She speaks the language of loss, whose vernacular I am becoming acquainted with. And the thought came that maybe I could be for someone else what this woman has been for me. I am so grateful for her.
Do you think it happenstance that her path crossed mine at this point in the journey?
Do you think it chance that I crossed yours?

I don't.

We are His Hands.
(click here)

No comments:

Post a Comment