Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 36: Sweet Dreams

Tomorrow I would have met you sweetheart.
And you would have cried. Loud, beautiful cries. Daddy and I would have cried too.
Your older brother would have come to visit and maybe sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to you like we have been practicing.
Grandma would be on a plane to come see you, and put red kisses on your cheeks.
Grandpa would have called, and told Daddy well done on another boy.

It's okay sweetheart--I know you wanted to stay. I'm just so grateful for the time we had together. You hung on for seven weeks more than anyone could have asked for, or expected. You did great. Thank you for kicking so much, and for looking just like your Daddy. Thank you for that strong, steady heart beat--I loved listening to it everyday.

Yes, tonight would have been a sleepless one for both of us in the world we wished we lived in. But since we don't, and since I will be sleeping tonight--let's meet in a dream. Let's go to the beach and play in the sand. Don't worry about sunscreen--remember, you don't sunburn in dreams. But do hold my hand, and let me kiss you. We'll have a picnic together, and if it's windy we could fly a kite. I'll even invite Daddy and Colty to come too. Sound good?
Good. Then it's a date. Sweet dreams baby doll.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment