I am grateful for second chances, and today--for third chances (very rare). Let me follow that up with this: Momma is always right.
My Mom told me when I was a happy, emotionally stable, always helpful teenager (NOT!) that I would regret not earning my Young Womanhood Recognition medallion. "Yea Mom, I know" (picture me rolling my eyes). Strike One.
And she was right of course. Initially when I failed to earn my medallion because I was too 'busy' (teenage code for lazy) I didn't feel left out, but as I left home, went to college and moved all over the country, every time I saw a girl/mother/woman wearing her medallion I felt the size of a snail inching my way towards perfection. By the time we moved to Florida I was curled up in my shell and the guilt got to me so I made a feeble attempt to start again the Personal Progress Program when I was called as the Young Women's secretary. We moved within the year. Strike Two.
So you can imagine how excited I was to be called as the second counselor in the Young Women's Organization of our ward today. Aside from the chance to try and be for the girls in my ward what the awesome leaders in my hometown were for me, I get a third shot at redeeming myself and finally finishing the Personal Progress Program.
I am committed to completing it this go around. The only thing standing in my way is if Blaine gets a promotion and we have to move in the next year or I lose all ambition (not likely.)

No comments:
Post a Comment