Thursday, January 27, 2011

An Attitude of Gratitude

My wise father-in-law observed to me that trials have a way of reminding us where our blessings come from, and increasing our gratitude. When you lay in bed every single day, all day getting up only 4 times a day for 2 minute breaks to use the bathroom you have the opportunity to think. . .a lot!

So, at the prompting of a good friend to check in every day online so all of you know we are okay, I am beginning a pregnancy gratitude journal. Every day I will list at least one thing I am truly grateful for. Here it goes:

Today I am most grateful for my wonderful husband Blaine. Did I tell you it is our 6 year anniversary today? It is. Blaine's Mom reminded us of the fact--we must have gotten a little side-tracked somehow. I felt so bad that I'd forgotten--you would think I'd have registered this event by now since I check the calendar five times a day just to make sure time hasn't changed, but was relieved when Blaine came in to the room and admitted he'd spaced it too. So we settled for a heart-felt hand hold, a good laugh and a 'Way to go, we made it!'

He told me he was so sorry I was spending our anniversary like this and I told him I wouldn't spend it any other way given the options. Life is so good. I have him, I have my healthy, beautiful son, and my baby is here with me kicking--what more could you ask for?

So Happy Anniversary Blaine. I love you!

All of you have a great day and give your sweetheart a kiss if you have one. Celebrate for us.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment